Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One Step At A Time...

As mentioned in my earlier post, Nasha's 1mth jab had to be postponed. So today was the day she had her jab, which involved us driving an hour and a half to our destination.
The night before, I pre-packed what there is to bring especially for entertainment in the car... Aqilah's game, colouring pencils, and notepad, and Irfan's books (he especially loves his sister's phonics books), and as for Nasha - the ride itself should be comforting for her.

Arrived our destination before noon in time for a quick visit to my office and for early lunch at the town's Discovery Centre. Lucky there was no crowd so having the kids running around was not making too much of a scene. Left for my house after half an hour of lunch as Nasha was starting to squirm here and there in her car seat she was happily sleeping in during our lunch.

Once I opened the door of the house, Aqilah and her little brother was so thrilled to enter the house they left for a few months. Out came the toys and the house was back to normal - a mess! After their satisfaction of play, we left the house an hour later and it was a good time too as the afternoon office hour has started. Rushed to the clinic in case there would be a long queue, and within half an hour, Nasha had her 1mth jab! Yea, she cried - but only for a few seconds! Phew!

Throughout the journey, Jordin Sparks' first 2 tracks were the only favourites for my children especially my son. They were played repeatedly... over and over again. Once it hit the third track, a faint voice at the back of the car crying "No mummy... no mummy...". Irfan 'demanding' to repeat the first two tracks once again! Sure, I can handle the repeated songs :)

Anyhow, after Nasha's jab, on the way back to Bandar, we stopped over at my father-in-laws house. He said that he will be home during the afternoon, and it was a good thing I pushed Nasha's jab with the clinic earlier on. We stayed there for a good hour. It was nice seeing him again and having all the kids visiting their Nenek (grandfather) after a long while. He was a happy man that day, which I saw in his eyes. Irfan had a terriyfing experience when he walked out the front door to check out the 'neighbourhood'. He didn't realise there was a black cat was relaxing at the porch. While chatting with my inlaws, suddenly we heard a loud scream, and it was Irfan, screeching back into the house. I assumed the cat must have come up to him to greet him... however he was not happy with the greeting perhaps!

Kids with grandparents... (notice Nasha's thigh)

Finally, we bid farewell to my inlaws and set ourself for our final journey back to Bandar. No other music is to be played other than Miss Sparks' tracks. 

Driving on the road home was an opportunity for me to have some reflections on the day we had. I was actually surprised at myself to have managed to do what I have planned to do - from setting off early, to have managed cleaned the house, to have the kids visit the fishes at the Discovery centre, and to have met my inlaws. Of course, having extra hands (domestic helper) was a lot of help too!... It was a nice trip back, having all my kids in the car with me, and to have fulfilled all the things (small things) I deemed I may have not be able to do so, and within limited time frame.

I thought to myself again, that we are all given the strength and energy, and we should be blessed by that. It is how we use it and to what extent. And with determination, we can always achieve it. And it is not about the product, but how we get to it is worth thinking of. Anyhow, here is an article to share with about knowing your limits...

Oh and also our track of the day! ENJOY...


1 comment:

Scrapper-holic said...

Poopsie you're such a star for having managed all that in just a day!! I don't think I could have lah!! Hee my eczema stress would come out full force!! Haha!! Love you!!

My Angels

Aqilah Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Irfan Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Nasha Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker