Friday, June 6, 2008

My BigBaby turns 4!

Wow! 4 years it has been since I last had my 1st experience of labour pains and cramps! Not only birthdays mark the day your child is born, I like to see it as the day the mother experiences the strongest forces her body can ever experience.. However, I did not quite experience such - not only did I experience strong contractions, I also had a caesarean wound to look after the birth.
Woke up and greeted my little girl a happy birthday. My parents and I got ready her surprise we kept the night before.. two little green birds in the cage. So this morning, we covered the cage and presented it to her.. She couldn't guess what it was and was quite hesitant to open. Though she loves surprises, she hates loudness that is accompanied with the surprises. Anyway, she peeped under the cloth and was happy to see the little birds :) 

Hmm... What's under the cloth?

Today is my little girl's day... Besides my personal time in the morning at the banks, the rest was hers. She met up with her little cousins, Kholil and Alya. I brought them 3 to the mall for yummy hot&sweet popcorn, and the little girls got themselves some hair accessories, while the boy got himself an animal book.

Sisters at heart... with their new diamante hairbands

Today was not intended to have a party celebration as it is planned to be held on the 9th June - inlieu of mum's 60th bday!, and an advance celebration for my son's 2nd birthday (falls on 14th June). There will be 3 people to celebrate together, so I went to search for a cake for that night. Aqilah insisted to have June (a little girl cartoon character from The Little Einsteins) on her cake, and for my son (not that he chose), I decided to give him Diego, a little boy cartoon character, Dora the Explorer's cousin. As for my mum, will have to think about that. Didn't manage to pre-order the cake today, but the little kids got their own little cake to bring home.

The afternoon, it was the little girls and I to the toy shop - to get Aqilah's friend a birthday present. She is celebrating her birthday in school the next day. Next to another shopping mall for teatime with sis in law and her son. Had some yummy dimsum (hot steamed dumplings).. and at this place, Aqilah learnt her first stake at holding a chopsticks and ate her dumpling from it! I was surprised she could do it with ease! Something to remember on her 4th year milestone :) Well done!

We finished the day back at my parents house, to have a go with singing the birthday song and blowing the candle... Did this on her small Little Mermaid cake we bought earlier on...

Kholil ate his Spiderman cake earlier the day

Aqilah with a funny grin to her face... and her little birthday cake

Alya wanted to have a go as well in blowing the candle on her cake ;)

Irfan with choc - Yummy!
We were all exhausted in the end... but it was a nice day to cherish! 

1 comment:

Scrapper-holic said...

Ooh Happy Birthday Qilah!!! I completely forgot it was her b'day!! Sounds like you guys had a great day!!

My Angels

Aqilah Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Irfan Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Nasha Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker