Monday, June 2, 2008

On the Bottle!

It will be another one more month till I start work so it's time to start Nasha's training on the bottle. Two weeks ago I rummaged cupboards and drawers for bottles bought but never been used and my breastpump, and stuffed them in a basket. A week ago, I went through all of them sorting which bottles I will need to start Nasha off. Irfan had 2 new bottles bought when he was a year plus. Since he is a growing boy, I got him to start using a bigger bottle. Well, anyway, he did use it for awhile but didn't like it as much as his old little 5ounce bottle. The problem with his bottle is that the teat is has only 3mth+. Anyway, now he is two years, he is still happy on it.
So, I've decided to have Nasha try on this big bottle although it will look gigantic on her (I think they have smaller bottles with this range). I thought as long as she is ok with the teat (I was doubtful knowing both my older kids preferred smaller teats, and this one looked a little bit bigger), then let's just stick with it.
And finally today, I got the bottles and pump sterilised AND managed to express enough for trial. We waited for the moment she cries for her next feed... and when she did, POP went the bottle and she was happily sucking her new bottle away. YAY!!! I know it sounds corky, but I was so thrilled Nasha managed to feed straight from the bottle her first time through. She was either very hungry or she likes her bottle:) I had to go through 3 types of bottles to find the right one for Aqilah which was why it was a relief to see Nasha fuss-free. Yea she did fuss abit of course, but next thing you know she was bottle-drinking like she has done this before!

Notice the oversized bottle for 1mth old Nasha.. She's doing well:)

2 comments:

Scrapper-holic said...

Well done Nasha and mummy!!

Reen said...

Thanks dear!!!! :) I think I may need to mix her feeds once I start work. I'm hoping to express now and keep them in stock when I'm not around, but even doing that now, I dont have enough for her to feed on cause they have been pumped out! Well, there is milk, just that she doesn't receive them in large amount... Will see how it goes:)

My Angels

Aqilah Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Irfan Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Nasha Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker