Thursday, June 26, 2008

Visitors from Miri&Limbang

My grandmother was born in Limbang, Sarawak... and when she got married, she moved to Brunei. We have therefore relatives all over Malaysia, mainly in Miri and Limbang, and some in Kuching. Brunei being in the middle of these two Malaysian towns/cities, whenever my relatives do a road trip to and fro, they usually do a stopover in Brunei... and visit their Aunt/Grandaunt - my grandmother, Ama.

If it wasn't for their usual stopovers, I wouldn't have known them this close. Yea, we also do our regular trips across border and do visit them. I must say, it is a privilege to know and learn about our roots... of how our family has grown and listening to their childhood stories.

It was nice to see them visiting my grandmother... At a age of 84, she is still able to give them her wise advice being their aunt. So much respect I have for my grandmother. Only Allah knows...

My Ama checking out the coffee to be served

The 3 sisters on a stopover visit - their trip from Miri to Limbang. Tasting our homemade 'nasi lemak' and fried mee


No comments:

My Angels

Aqilah Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Irfan Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Nasha Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker